About half of my most humble recordings between 1997 - 2002 were somehow mistakenly deleted and feared lost for some years which I failed to fully accept. Occasionally a lost melody would pop into my head and make me feel saddened by the reality. They're important to me because those recordings show how I cut my teeth with production.
Years ago when I switched to Mac computers, I had wiped my old Toshiba laptop and gave it to my dad so he could 'learn' the internet. Just recently, the machine was returned to me with a complaint it was now far too slow. I took it home and threw it in the corner; was going to Ebay it for 20 quid or so. If it was now too slow for my dad then it was useless to me.
One day, it caught my eye and as I was looking at it, it suddenly dawned on me to try hard drive recovery software on it as the machine once had a copy of the files on it. It took about 100 hours to fully recover about 85% of the previously deleted music files. I'm still working on that remaining 15% but it doesn't look so good.
This record is a result of all my favourite recordings in that 1997 to 2002 period minus any selections from that 15%. it is my most meaningful release yet. It is a coincidence that this year also happens to mark 20 years since I started making music. Feel free to share it with everyone to ensure they never get lost again. I think it is a sign from God or whatever that I recovered a good portion of them.
This whole affair has given me a new appreciation of creativity and reminded me of who I am and what my purpose is. Watch this space.
released June 14, 2017
Yeth Thar (Dewyne Lindsay)
all rights reserved